Sunday, December 20, 2009

On My Mind #1

I run a blog, it's a music blog, but nonetheless, it's a blog to tell you what I think. I've thought about this for a while and I wanna know what you think
This week, Young Money will be releasing their debut album "We Are Young Money." From a fan's point of view, it's one of the top rap albums I've heard in a while. It's definitely a solid effort, and I've never heard so many great lines. Just listen to the songs for yourself, everyone from Young Money kills every verse.

So here is what I'm getting at. Lil Wayne made a collaboration album with his label...why doesn't Kanye West do the same?

Think about it. A G.O.O.D Music album?

With the likes of Mr. West (you can compare him to Weezy), Common, John Legend, KiD CuDi, Consequence, Big Sean(who is extremely underrated), Mr. Hudson, GLC and several others, it's pretty much an all-star line-up.

Now take the top few artists from each label and put them head to head -

Kanye West vs Lil Wayne - TIE
You could argue all you want, Weezy is out of this world, and you will never know what West will do

KiD CuDi vs Drake - TIE
I'm a Cleveland native, so I'm with CuDi on this one, but you can't deny both have changed the game.

Common & John Legend vs Everyone else - G.O.O.D

In my opinion, G.O.O.D takes the cake. I doubt this will happen, but hopefully Kanye sees this and realizes that his label needs to put out an album immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment